17 October 2005

- Skating -

Yes, it was like 90 degrees yesterday, but the whole family nevertheless went skating. I haven't skated in years, though I grew up in Minnesota, so I practically learned to skate before I learned to walk. Judi J., first grader, however, had never skated. As you might expect, she could hardly keep from falling down when she started, but by the time we left, she was skating around the rink, slowly but on her own. It was so fun to see such determination in her face for the entire time we were there. She was going to figure out how to do this, by golly, if she had to stay there all day. By the time we left, about two hours later, she was exhausted but elated.

I'll post pictures if I can figure out how to download them off of my phone. I haven't figured out yet the bluetooth well enough to reliably download pictures.